Tuesday 28 July 2015

All Yours Stranger - Book Review

Title: All Yours Stranger 
Author: Novoneel Chakraborty
Publisher: Ebury Press
ISBN: 978-8184006858
Number of pages: 264
Price: 175 [INR]


The Blurb:

For those of you who don't know me yet, I'm Rivanah Bannerjee, a Kolkatan trying to find her footing in Mumbai. Even though I’m currently in a relationship with a great guy, I can’t help but miss my ex-boyfriend despite knowing that he cheated on me. But that’s the least of my worries. The stranger has gone missing since the police tried to nab him unsuccessfully. Where is he? What does he want from me? Why did he come into my life in the first place? Will he ever contact me again? These and many more questions continue to torment me every day. I’m desperate for the stranger to come back to me knowing full well that he may destroy me forever. But then that’s the sexiest thing I have ever known about someone.

With every revelation, it seems the truth is far more twisted than Rivanah can imagine. Wickedly plotted, All Yours, Stranger—Novoneel Chakraborty’s gripping follow-up to his hugely popular Marry Me, Stranger—will keep you on the edge of your seat until the last page. Book two of the Stranger trilogy.

My Review:

This is the 2nd book of the Stranger Trilogy. Read my review of the first book 'Marry me Stranger' here.

Characters:

       Meet Rivanah Bannerjee, aka Mini, our protagonist, who is a bright young girl from Kolkatta. Working in Mumbai, Rivanah lives with her boy friend Danny. Smart, beautiful, daring and impulsive; that is Rivanah Bannerjee for you.

       Meet 'Stranger' the most intriguing character, who keeps you hooked to the book. Stranger is the person who sends Rivanah all sorts of mysterious clues, helps her when in trouble and threatens and punishes her when she doesn't comply. Sometimes a friend and sometimes a foe, that is 'Stranger' for you.

Plot: 

       The story starts with Rivanah trying to figure out the mystery behind Hiya and coming to a dead end. When she returns to Mumbai, Nitya comes into picture and Rivanah acts the jealous girl friend's role. Things get serious and ugly between Rivanah and Danny when Rivanah's insecurities get better out of her. And to complicate things, Ekansh comes into picture too. 

       Rivanah goes to desperate measures to get the stranger back in her life and when he does come back, there are consequences she has to face. She is again made to do things against her wishes and Rivanah is still hiding all this from Danny. And, hold your breath, for the first time we have a suspect for stranger!!!

Things I liked:

       Mystery is the best part of these 'Stranger' books! The mysterious identity of 'stranger' will keep you glued to the book. The suspense, the clues, the hide and seek game will all make sure you won't put the book down till the end and even then, you will be disappointed because you have to wait till the next book is released to find out what will happen after that shocking end!

       I love how the dots are connected and one by one the clues are put together. Through Rivanah, the story of a confused girl is portrayed who has so many ups and downs in life. She is a loner among friends, hiding secrets she can't share with anyone. The stranger's strange ways, the riddle about Hiya and Ekansh's entry - they all make the story more exciting. The flow of the story is good. It is a fast paced novel which is perfect for the plot.

Things I Disliked:

       For once, I don't have anything to say here. I hated Rivanah sometimes but again that is what made story interesting. I just hate the fact that I have to wait for I don't know how long for the next book.

Verdict:

      Racy, thrilling and enticing - that is how the book is. Once you start reading, you have to read till the end; there is no stopping in between. highly recommended thriller readers :)

My Rating: 4.5/5 Stars!

Until the next review,
Keep Reading :)

Love,
Swathi :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home