Friday 14 February 2014

Starting A New Life as A Writer

       I still remember my PU days when I used to write diary. Being an introvert, I hardly shared my feelings with anyone. I rarely confessed things, that too only with very few. And the remaining times, I would pent up every emotion inside me and never let them out. That was until I started writing diary. With writing diary, I found a way to release my pent up emotions. It was as if I had found a new friend, one whom I could trust infinitely. It was like there was someone who would listen to me, without complaining and who wouldn't judge me, no matter how dark the secret I shared was. I was content with having such a friend.

       Things changed when my friend got hold of my diary. I used to keep my diary in a desk and lock it but that day I had forgot to lock it. My friend happened to get her hands on it and she read a few poems I had wrote. She loved it. She started to ask me to make my writings accessible to public. She wanted me to open a blog. I was not sure. The things I wrote were for me. I had never written for any audience and I was seriously scared of taking that step. After all, it was a big change in my normal and not so exciting life. What if I would be ridiculed? What if I couldn't handle it? What if I ran out of ideas? What would I do of my blog then? The questions were endless. I was trapped with self doubt. The change wasn't easy and the decision to take that step was difficult.

       But then I decided to go for it. If people had to talk, they would do it no matter what I did. So why not do something that would help me be a better person? That is how my journey as a writer began. I was insecure in the beginning. I wouldn't let my friends know about my blog. But slowly, it all began to change. People started liking what I wrote. Some even told they relate to it. Some were even inspired by my posts and told me they felt good after reading my posts. I started believing in myself. The frequency of my posts increased and the love I received was tremendous. I made many friends in the blogging world. I participated in many contests and won some. Contribute to anthologies too. And now, I have an identity of my own, one that I am really proud of! I am so glad I overcame the self doubts and embraced the change. It has done a lot of good to me. After all, changes are what makes life interesting and happening; just like it did to me. 

This post is written for https://housing.com/



Until the next post,
Keep Reading :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home