Thursday 13 February 2014

Blank Space - My Book!

       If there has been one thing that has stayed constant over the years, then it is my love for the books. As long as I can remember, I have always been in love with books. Story books or novels to be specific. When I was a kid, my mom used to read bed time stories to me. It was from there I picked up my liking for stories and story books. And as I grew up, the love too grew with me, becoming more powerful over the years. Now I am a bibliophile who cannot resist reading at least for an hour in a day!

       For the bibliophiles out there, it is easy to understand this love. But for others, they fail to understand it. They call it as an addiction. Maybe it is. But a good one. I don't explain to them why I love reading so much. Because, it will be useless. Try as might I, they will never get it. You have to be a bibliophile yourself to understand the craze.

       Books have always been the escape I needed from my routines. When you are tired, they offer you their warmth and help you escape into the dream world. When you are lost and find yourself in darkness, they become your guiding light. When you are sad, they will cheer you up. In short, they are the perfect partners, whom you can trust to be by your side always. What more does one need? I was and am perfectly happy in their company.

       It was through this reading habit of mine that I discovered my passion for writing. Whenever I read some great stories, I wished I could write like that too. There were so many stories inside me, that I wanted to tell the world. I tried to suppress them but they wouldn't agree. And finally, I started writing. I took the baby steps with my blog and slowly when people said they liked my writing, the budding writer in me rejoiced. My confidence was boosted and I started writing more and more.

       Sometimes, I did wonder what it will be like to write my own book. How good it would be to have your name among the great authors? Then I would brush it off thinking it as silly. The dream was too big to be true. But recently, when I got the news of my story being selected for an anthology, my joy knew no bounds. The happiness of holding your book it is priceless.



       Maybe there is hope after all. Maybe this amateur writer will someday evolve to become a great writer. Holding my book, it was the happiest moment of my life; the one that filled me with optimism and hope for the future and I am going to hold on to it tight and make my dream come true!

PS: This post is written for https://housing.com/lookup.

Until the next post,
Keep Reading :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home